Acupuncture and Herbal Treatment for cancer patients
Dr. Kemi Cui is Doctor of Philosophy (PHD) in Neurobiology and Integrative Medicine, he has an Oriental medicine degree (O.M.D.), he is a Licensed Acupuncturist (Lac) and the founder of the 'International Warm Medicine Association' (I.W.M.A.).
Dr. Cui has 13 years of experience in cancer research at the 'Houston Methodist Research Institute' in the U.S.A, while having his own clinic in which he helped and still helps a lot of cancer-patients.
Acupuncture is a very safe and effective supplemental treatment for people with cancer, receiving: chemotherapy, surgery, radiation therapy, hormone therapy and for many common side effects after cancer treatment such as:
• Nausea and vomiting related to chemotherapy
• Hot flashes related to hormone therapy
• Physical pain due to chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy
• Joint pain related to aromatase inhibitor therapy
• Xerostomia (dry mouth) related to radiation therapy
A study of 302 women with breast cancer found that acupuncture was helpful in managing a large range of accompanied symptoms over a 6-week period. These symptoms included mental fatigue, physical pain, anxiety, and depression.